Tuesday 20 October 2015

Belated baby news

I'm typing this left handed at the moment as my ten week old baby snoozes in my right arm - hopefully for long enough to write this post! Yes, ten whole weeks already.  He was born on the 11th August at1.57pm weighing 3.17kgs and 50cm long.  He was induced 3 weeks early because he had stopped growing so he wasn't the big fat baby I was expecting but he's certainly making up for it now.   He was 5.8kg and 59cm at his 8 week check up and going on how quickly clothes are being moved to the 'doesn't fit' pile, he's more than 6kg now.

We named him Dominic Theo and MR and I are loving being parents.  We're very lucky, he's a very good baby - doesn't cry much, self soothes at bed time, usually gives us at least one block of 4-5 hours of sleep at night. I'm slowly starting to feel like I've got the hang of this (most days) and MR is a bit of a natural.

I'm sure I'll be back to tell you more another time in the hopefully not too far distant future but for now its feeding time again so I'll leave you with some photos.





On his due date



P.S. I knitted that blanket he's lying on in that last photo!

 

No comments: