Sunday 30 October 2011

Massive Changes

So I'm back.  A whole new me with a whole new liver.  Slightly crazy? Yes.  In fact, really crazy if you ask me.  It's been a bit of a whirlwind few months for me and I'm still waiting for my head to catch up.

My medication I was on for CML had an extremely bad reaction with my liver, causing it to go into failure.  Unfortunately it was too late to do anything about it except put me on the waiting list for a transplant.  I was incredibly lucky and got one quite quickly.  It is very surreal to be woken up by nurses saying "You're getting a liver!" and then having to ring family to tell them.

This is a very very brief overview post, just to catch you up.  As I get my head around everything I'm sure there will be some amusing hospital anecdotes and succinct posts about life after liver transplant.

In the meantime though, it's great to be home, alive and semi healthy.  And with lots and lots of spare time on hand for crafting, resting, reading and relaxing!




8 comments:

Beautiful Day said...

Oh! Oh my gosh! That's full on! xx

Sally said...

I've missed you so much! I've been keep up with some news via facebook but I like hanging out with you here better.
Look forward to reading how it all transpired, you thoughts and feelings about it all.
Most of all I am so glad that you're here at all. Well(ish) that is.
Take care dear friend.

E. said...

Wow. I'm glad you are okay. I had wondered what had happened.

Onwards and upwards, I guess.

Michelle said...

Very crazy, I can't get my head around it either and I didn't even get the transplant, glad you are feeling better and on the mend, take care of yourself Mx hopefully see you at the next Brown Owls :D

Anonymous said...

So good to have you back :). I am still laughing about your 'I saw grandma's knickers' status update from hospital hehe.

Baa-Me Kniits said...

So glad you are back on your feet so to speak. I was worried about you and almost asked Sally if she knew if you were ok? I never thought to look you up on FB I will now :-) Wow you must still be spinning, what a crazy but happy time. How lucky to not have to wait too long for a donor (although one does think of the down side of that).
Welcome back Hugs Jen xx

Amanda said...

Good golly, a liver transplant!! What a lot you've been through you poor love. Hope all is going well since the op x

2paw said...

Oh My God Chandler Bing!! I am so glad you are well, after your pretty amazing medical 'adventure'. So glad you are home, safe and semi-healthy!!!