Tuesday 23 October 2012

Today

Today has been a housey sort of day.  I've been quite busy this last week and things are getting a little bit untidy around here.  Even for my poor standards!

There's been some washing of clothes and dishes, a little bit of gardening and lots and lots of putting things away.  There has even been some craft room sorting.  The craft room is permanently the biggest pigsty in the world.  Every time I try to tidy it, it just seems to revert straight back to chaos.  You may think I am exaggerating, but I am most definitely not.  So today I took in some plastic boxes and starting sorting the piles and piles of crap all over the floor.  A box for paper craft stuff, one for embroidery bits, another for rogue ribbons that have escaped from my last attempt at trying to organise the craft room. 

Actually, I'm quite proud of my ribbon organisation. I saw the idea on pinterest to wrap ribbons around a popstick but I had a bag of dolly pegs lying around and decided to have a go at doing that.  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  I need to go and get another jar for some more.  The back jar is all my grosgrain ribbons, just clipped together with a paper clip and I left all my stuff on spools, on spools and sorted them neatly into a storage box. 




If only I could snap my fingers and make the rest of the room look this organised.


Another box I sorted holds a bit of a mish mash of items.


Some knitting I started with a scarf in mind until I decided that the ribbing was too tight for how I wanted it to look, as well as some buttons and some material scraps from my drawers of such goodies.  What for?

Well, every year (apart from last year) since I started blogging I've thought about making a softie for the Softies for Mirabel drive run by Pip.  And every year I fail.

This year I'm determined.  In fact, I want to make more than one.  I feel like I have catching up to do.  So this box holds the ingredients for the first one.  Thursday's creative space perhaps?

Now however, it is time to wade back in return to the craft room and try and get a few more little spots of organisation happening.

Wish me luck!





2 comments:

Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} said...

Look at all your ribbons! Wowsers thats a lot of wrapping you can do :) Mine are all in a basket unravelled in a big mess! But Ill definately be putting them in a shoe box like you have on my next housey day :)

2paw said...

I love your dolly peg idea. I find that mish mash contributes to 90% of hat I need to organise. I need those organising TV people to come and wave their magic wands. Good luck with your softie!!