Sunday 6 May 2012

Framed

I love having a productive man around the house.  Even though he is only home every two weeks, when he is home, after a bit of a rest, he is a weapon of 'doing stuff'.  The lawns get mowed, he washes his ute (I'm still working on him washing my car *hint hint*)*, he chops down ugly palm trees and digs out stumps, other gardening stuff gets done, he makes me breakfast in bed, cooks me dinner a few nights and also any odd jobs get done too.  Like putting a hook in the wall so I could hang up my framed poppies drawing in the guest room.



I'm really happy with how it looks on the wall, all framed up and pretty.  I got the frame from Ikea but the matting was too small so I attacked it with a stanley knife and thankfully it doesn't look too uneven.  Why do they not make standard paper sized frames and/or matting???? I'm sure it is some sort of ploy to try and get us to get things framed professionally. 


I've had a bit of an obsession with poppies lately, I keep pinning them on pinterest and favouriting them on etsy.  There were some beautiful poppy fabric patterns in the recent fabric8 contest on spoonflower as well.

I made another couple of ATCs recently to send off to a couple of people and of course, one of them had to be poppies.  These were done with watercolours, on my carpet.  I also seem to have a thing about sitting on the carpetted floor and painting.  Painting at a table just doesn't work for me for some reason.  This can only lead to bad things, although thankfully it has not yet...





I've decided these little mini art works are quite fun, although I really have no idea what to do with them.  Putting them in plastic pouches in a folder just seems a bit of a waste really...





* MR has taken to occasionally reading my blog on a quiet night shift at work (hi honey x)

6 comments:

E. said...

Beautiful. I admire (and envy) your talent.

Beautiful Day said...

The quilt cover and painting go together perfectly! And I adore your little paintings. You could put them in small frames. xx

Amanda said...

Your framed piece looks great Megan! x

Sally said...

My my! It looks *SO* good all framed and hung. Very very productive indeed.
Loving poppies too. Tried to plant some by the snails ate them... going to have another go soon.

Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} said...

There's nothing like some art on the walls to make it feel all homely and it looks perfect above your bed. I love the little ones you painted they are awesome, the swing is very whimsical clever cookie aint ya!

2paw said...

I saw those poppies on fabric, and your art poppies are lovely. Good painting!! I've seen gorgeous poppy brooches at the Craft Fair at Deloraine.