Thursday 2 February 2012

Help! (the things we forget)

Once upon a time, back when I was a teenager, I had my own website.  Goodness knows what nonsense I put on my website.  I vaguely remember random waffle (my, how much has changed), photos of various events friends and I went to, snippets of songs and poems I liked and so on.  But that is beside the point because I wrote/designed the website myself with only minimal assistance from online.  I taught myself to HTML. 

Fast forward to current day and there is No Way I could design my own blog without some sort of blog/website design program, such as Artisteer, which is what I use.  I have only the vaguest recollections of little bits and pieces of HTML.  And Clearly Not Enough to fix my bloody stupid annoying poohead of a header. For goodness sake!!!!

I am in dire need of some assistance.  Why on earth can I not get my blog sheet to be 1000 pixels wide and have the header be the same without doing the weird shifting thing it is doing up there? I don't want a narrow blog. I want a big wiiiiiiiide photo friendly one.  HELP!



What have you recently discovered you have somehow unlearnt over the years?
 

5 comments:

Sally said...

I got no idea... there is blogger help though? Maybe ask there. I've got no idea really. Sorry!

Christie describeHappy said...

Let me see. In blogger I go to "Layout" and then "Edit" my Header. The size of the picture you up load determines the size of the banner... I selected the "Instead of title and description" radio button under placement. Are your words on your image?

Ugg.. why must blogger be so difficult? Email me.. I might have a few other ideas.

Anonymous said...

Hmm. I made mine wider by going into the dashboard thingo, then 'Template' (from the dop down menu), then 'Customize' (under the small pic of your blog with the 'Live on the Web' heading above it. Then it goes into the charcoal screen with the preview of your blog underneath it. Then you can choose 'adjust width'. Mine is 1240px wide (the entire blog) and my right side bar is 300px. My header is really basic but in case it helps, I made it in picnik- after importing the picture, I just made it the correct size and then in the blogger layout info, changed the 'header' setting so that I imported the picture I had created and chose to use it 'instead of title and description.

Dunno if that helps?

Baa-Me Kniits said...

I can't help i'm afraid but Pip over at Meet me at Mikes confessed to being a tech head today, why don't you try her, I'm sure she would be more than happy to help :-)

2paw said...

I didn't see a computer until I had already been teaching for a few years and we had one BBC for the whole school. So no, I will be absolutely no help at all!!