Saturday 3 March 2012

All sorts of good stuff


Life has restarted!  I have more energy and am doing okay with my 40% reduction in lung capacity.  The medications are hopefully working and I am doing what I can to help them.

Yesterday morning I had a lovely massage and in the evening I went to my first yoga session.  It was a gentle hatha and meditation session so not too much and I managed all the poses in between puffing (although not as flexibly as others) so I was happy.  The meditation session at the end was good too, my therapist has me doing self guided ones at home but it is nice to do it with a real person as well.  I'm hopeful that a bit of gentle exercise will help my lungs recover.

Not only that but Thursday I went for a 2km walk! There was a tremendous amount of huffing and puffing for the slow pace I was taking and thank goodness I went by myself because there would not have been enough oxygen for chatting but I felt good afterwards.  Back on track, fingers crossed!  Now I just need to keep it up.

And finally in my good stuff news, I went to the Roxette concert with my sister on Wednesday night!  Wheeee, it was awesome. Very. Very. Awesome.  I got to dress up in a pretty top, jeans and heels and we went out for dinner first and I had a delicious grilled barramundi on a bed of kipler potatoes and cacciatore with broccolini.  Mmm mm.  We had good seats at the concert and it was a small enough venue that there was no need for big tv screens or anything.  All the songs came back and I had great fun singing along to all my old favourites.  Yay!

one grainy iphone photo

It's so nice to get back into doing normal type things and not feel absolutely shattered afterwards.  I'm hoping it continues!


A Year of Good Things (hopefully back on track!)

60/366 ::For normalness feelings::
I went out for dinner and to Roxette, had an awesome time Wooo!

61/366 ::For fitness::
I went for a 2km walk.

62/366 ::For relaxation:: 
A full body massage, so nice and relaxing, followed by a yoga and meditation session. 
 

8 comments:

emma @ frog, goose and bear said...

Roxette! Who knew they were still around?!! Sounds like u are doing fantastically well Megan!

carolyn said...

Hi Megan,
I knew it, everything seems like shit one month and then a new month brings a billion percent improvement. When you were in hospital did you think you would be having a massage, walking 2kms and going to a concert this week! Go girl.

CurlyPops said...

Yah!!! So glad you're finally getting back on track. That's wonderful news.
PS - do they know why your lung function dropped so much?

Beautiful Day said...

Good to hear things are going well! Aaah Roxette - they had some great songs! xx

Baa-Me Kniits said...

Roxette would have been fabulous fun! Good on you for going. I do Hatha yoga and its the best thing for keeping you strong from the inside, the relaxation at the end always is the perfect ending too :-) You and your sister are like peas in a pod!

2paw said...

You've got the look!! How exciting, did they come onto the stage on a bus?? So glad to read March is treating you so well.

Sally said...

That is awesome. You are so brave admitting to the world that you like Roxette... I think that is braver than going for a 2km walk after a liver transplant!!!

Christie describeHappy said...

I'm celebrating with you!! Such wonderful goodness!! Awesome!